Friday, January 1, 2010

day 1

Last night, on the eve of a New Year, my husband and I watched the movie "Julie and Julia". I don't know about you, but I can totally identify with Julie Powell in the movie. I have started many, many things in my life, but don't have much actual accomplishments to brag of. I did finish high school, but did not finish college. I started a book, but it sits unfinished. I have become involved with many "home-based businesses", but have abandoned them all (after spending way too much money to get started up in them). My trailing list of abandoned projects leaves a feeling of failure, then and now.

I am not much of a writer, more of a thinker. I do not have the skills and knowledge to write formally. My spelling is fair, but grammar is shameful. All I really know to qualify myself is a burning sense of wanting to share, of great compassion for those who walk the same path as I.

And what path might that be? The journey to health. Everything I have attempted in life has been to further the health cause. Whether that is towards increased energy, decreased waistline, a feeling of fitness, or just plain overall well-being, I know that I have a passion to share the journey, and hopefully, the results. And my sincere hope is that in sharing the journey, I can inspire and encourage someone else in their walk.

Because I have talked the talk, but now it is time to also "walk the walk".

My mother once asked me why someone who knew so much about health could be overweight. I had never given it much thought until she asked me that, but my response was immediate and was to the point. It is not the knowing that gets us there, it is the doing.

Like the movie Julie and Julia, I have to set some goals, some deadlines and I was intrigued by the idea of blogging and sharing this with someone, anyone out there. It is a strange journey I embark on as I have no idea if this is a solitary event for my own eyes, or if this is a shared opportunity for all of us who share in the war against obesity - namely our own!

My goal is to post daily what actions and events have occurred that are drawing me closer to a life of fitness and health. At the end of 2010, I intend to be 365 days closer to that person I have always envisioned, full of health and happiness.

a salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment